Sunday, August 10, 2014

Financial Aid: Why You No Like Us????

Summer is almost over and school is right around the corner. Unfortunately, I am ill-prepared than last year due to some demons I along with a majority of my peers have been battling out these past few months, and we've all been beaten to the last punch.

I really try not to get completely personal with these topics and not to throw any names out there but if you think the increasing demographic of college dropouts due to money is to blame on the government, then your claim is far from the truth.

Oh don't get me wrong, we all have our hatred against the F-A-F-S-A (pronounced F-A-S-F-A, but the mispronunciation reveals our lack of respect and care), but like I said, who really cares? I'm in need of my education, thanks.

Getting a college education is already a struggle enough with classes and sticking to the status quo, but it's not worth my time knowing that money is funny and my mother can't afford to throw it around left and right all because my EFC wasn't 0.00.


And why in the world does Fassfaaa have a Twitter page,anyway? That's an easy target in my opinion for certain adversaries. Then again, they're probably the ones who didn't get any money either. But I'm thankful for my financial aid though. ;-)

And to make matters worse, from the government, comes the school. And contrary to popular belief, it is the school's fault. Well, depends on who your talking about.

Did you have a falling-out with your school's financial aid department before classes even started? And all of this could have been easily avoided if those people answered their phone over the summer. Any questions about my financial aid and other pressing matters could've been easily handled with a simple phone call, but noooooooooo! FA officials thrive on tending to a packed office full of broken hearted, teary-eyed college students who don't know if they should call their parents to pick them up. Trust me, most of those faces don't come out like this:

 
But more like this...
 
 




I can go on, and on, AND ON about the trials and tribulations of the financial aid office, but the motive is clear that college employees need to do better, or else some of us wouldn't still be at mom's house flipping burgers because "I didn't get enough money" was the excuse.

Believe it or not, we college kids appreciate our basic residence halls and the edible, not your mama's cafeteria food. I mean who are they to deprive us of that life enriching experience??

I know it is the summer time, and you all believe you have less of job to do with no students around, but you're not making your jobs any easier and our blood pressures any lower. As much as we complain during the year, we actually miss school during the summer, so don't be petty and try to take that away from us. And one more note to the F-A-F-S-A,

My mother's bills didn't stop when I left for school........

No comments:

Post a Comment